Time Capsule

Reaction score
I was wondering, does time capsule work with USB modems? We have a USB modem and I don't want to buy time capsule unless it is compatible. I'll just use an external hard drive for the time capsule software.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
What is your brand of USB modem? Are you saying there is no Ethernet with your modem?

OP
A
Reaction score
We have one of those BigPond USB Modems, they go into a USB port in your computer and it connects you to the Internet. I was wondering if the Time Capsule would be capable of using that instead of an Ethernet cable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
OP
A
Reaction score
Hmm... We tried one of those routers but it wasn't compatible with my USB and we ended up selling it... Where I live I can't get broadband.

OP
A
Reaction score
I was wondering, does Time Capsule give you a wireless network without an Internet cable plugged into it? I want to use Time Capsule for Time Machine, but will it work without an Internet connection?

A person told me that if you plug an ethernet cable into a mac, it automatically emits wifi? Is this true? If it is, I don't see the point of Airport.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.