iPhone 4 Reboots During Bluetooth Tether

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
Hiya Guys

My iPhone 4 has started to randomly reboot while it is being tethered through bluetooth, sometimes it can go for a good 30-40mins and not reboot or anything or it can reboot 3 or 4 times in 10 minutes. Kinda weird but also slightly frustrating. Any ideas?

Reaction score
same problem with Bluetooth tethering here

Hey halo200,
I have experienced the same problem when tethered via Bluetooth.

The tethering works brilliantly however the reboot seems to happen when I press the home button.

Similar for you or is it truly random?

OP
halo200
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
For me it just seems to be random it will go off even If I dont touch it, i've tried it on two different iPhone 4's and it happens on both of them. Or is that like some 1/100000000 coincidence on my part? :p It works perfectly through USB though

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" PB , 80GB HDD, 1.5Ghz G4, 1.25GB RAM
Same problem here!

This happens to me as well!
I get the 'bluetooth network not available' blurp on my PowerBook (g4), look at my phone, only to see the apple logo, as it is rebooting!!!

I use my phone for internet access in my classroom, this problem is unbelievably annoying! It'll be fine for a while then one day it will be absolutely unusable.

For me, it seems to be related to cell-signal strength. When I have low/no bars seems to be when the phone decides its time to reboot.

And no, it has nothing to do with touching/moving the phone, not for me anyway. I usually leave the phone on my desk, occasionally in my pocket, but the problem creeps up either way.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.