Firefox 1.0.5 is out with some security fixes but it apparently has broken
some things and so a 1.0.6 is coming out next week. I did a Windows build
of 1.0.5 and put it out last night but will wait for 1.0.6 before doing my
Mac builds.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual G5 powermac
builds? are you a developer of firefox?

also, does it act as stupid ?? Ive got 1.0, and on all platforms i hate it. Windows it takes atleast 30 seconds to load, favorites get deleted nonstop.. on mac and lin it just freezes random times, crashes when it likes...VERY unstable, ive been looking into opera instead.

OP
M
Reaction score
I'm a builder but have done some develoment. There is an active community of builders with Firefox that play around with compiler and code optimizations to make it faster. We also do custom builds on request.

I'm using 1.0.4 and the Trunk on Windows and have no problems with it. Load time is two or three seconds for me.

C

catchawave

I use Firefox on my eMac. I just noticed that I'm using 1.0. I'm really bad and lazy about updating!
I like it on the eMac - have very few problems with it. It freezes every once in a while but rarely. I only have a few sites that will not work with it. Then I use Explorer.
I downloaded it onto my old Lombard and it is painfully slow. BUT, the Lombard has very little RAM - I'm waiting for the extra RAM to come in. I'm hoping when I upgrade it that it will speed things up.
Explorer on the laptop is quite speedy - given the amount of RAM I have.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
the only thing i dont like is that every once in a while in 1.0.4 it would run the cpu upto 100% and freeze everything untill i forced it to quit

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual 2.5 ghz g5 desktop with ati 800x video card,14" iBook 1gb
i hate firefox i hate firefox i hate firefox i hate firefox i hate firefox i hate firefox i hate firefox i hate firefox i hate firefox i hate firefox......i really cant stand it EVERYTIME i goto a all flash based site it ALWAYS freezes and i usually end up crying

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
i don't really like firefox either, partially because of the interface, its ugly and not a pleasure to work with, it also freezes and such, even on a powerful mac.

M

Mac N00b

I have no problems with FF. In fact, It's my favourite browser. As for making it less ugly you could always download a skin.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
IMO its better than safari and i use it full time

C

catchawave

iLEFTOVERCRACK said:
i hate firefox i hate firefox i hate firefox i hate firefox i hate firefox i hate firefox i hate firefox i hate firefox i hate firefox i hate firefox......i really cant stand it EVERYTIME i goto a all flash based site it ALWAYS freezes and i usually end up crying

What browser do you use?

S

SomaGaze

iLEFTOVERCRACK said:
i recommend a new videocard driver (but i'm so new to macs, i'm not sure you can update stuff like that...)

Reaction score
When I first got my mac I used FF all the time (probably because thats all I used on my pc) but ive recently switched all my prefs and bookmarks over to Safari because ive noticed that it seems to be alot faster and more responsive. The only thing I miss about FF now is adblock, so im thinking of trying the trick with the style sheets.

Reaction score
BadjahBoy said:
When I first got my mac I used FF all the time (probably because thats all I used on my pc) but ive recently switched all my prefs and bookmarks over to Safari because ive noticed that it seems to be alot faster and more responsive. The only thing I miss about FF now is adblock, so im thinking of trying the trick with the style sheets.
I use to think the same way, but after tweaking firefox, it's way faster than Safari, plus it can do a-lot more things with the extenstions , and has different themes.. This tweak really speeds firefox up... http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20041228120646385

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
catchawave said:
What browser do you use?
i use SAFARI you all should do the same!!!

somagaze said:
i recommend a new videocard driver (but i'm so new to macs, i'm not sure you can update stuff like that...)

no because my g5 powermac dose that to......and it dosent do on safari

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac N00b said:
I have no problems with FF. In fact, It's my favourite browser. As for making it less ugly you could always download a skin.
were do you download skins?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.