Skype Questions

Reaction score
I hope I can get some help with some questions here.

I own an iPod touch 4th Gen and a personal MiFi.

I was thinking of installing Skype and using it to make calls. I have seen some negative things online about Skype and their service.

Does anyone have any feedback about it?
How is the call quality?

Next I was thinking of then using the same account to replace my home phone service which is currently Vonage. I have a few questions on this home side.

Can I use the same account that I am using for my ipod touch?
Do I need any special equipment?
Can I call my ipod from my home?

Overall am I missing anything to use Skype for both my home and ipod touch?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 13" macbook, 4th gen ipod touch
I use skype on my 4th gen ipod touch.
The call quality is good. I dont know about running it to a land line though. It is probably doable, i just never tried it. I pay 3 dollars a month for unlimited calling with it. I have wifi basically everywhere i go, so i use the ipod as a cell. Plus you can add the app textplus, and you get free text messaging, so it does everything a cell does, and i use it everywhere :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid-2010 Mac Mini OS 10.12.6 Sierra, 2.66 GHz C2D, 8GB RAM, 30 in. Cinema Display
You ask:

Does anyone have any feedback about it?
How is the call quality?

I use Skype 2.8 for Mac on a Mac Mini with a Logitech Webcam for Mac. All I did was download the Skype software...the Logitech webcam for Mac required no driver or software. I only make computer to computer calls which are free. With a broadband connection, call quality is great as long as the person on the other end has a good set up and connection.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.