• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What the ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Model Name: Mac mini Model Identifier: Macmini3,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor
I recently went to Apple forums and asked "Does anyone know or have an idea when Apple is going to update it's Java?" and this was there response:

saneman,

Thank you for your interest in Apple products. The Host Team members, like you, are excited to see what kinds of products Apple will release in the future; however speculation or rumors are not allowed under our terms of use (Apple - Support - Discussions - Help

). Your recent post, titled "Java," was speculative in nature and Apple therefore has removed it from Apple Discussions.

We hope that you enjoy your Apple purchases and we encourage you to keep Apple Discussions in mind if you have questions regarding any Apple product.

Kind regards,

Apple Discussions staff

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I don't see what the problem is. The response was kind and spelled everything out.

Are you surprised that Apple doesn't want speculation or rumors discussed on their forum?

I'm sure you'll get more theories here at Mac-Forums where the discussions are condoned, but in the end it will all be conjecture and guesses.

OP
saneman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Model Name: Mac mini Model Identifier: Macmini3,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor
I get it

I get that mate, but it just seemed like I'm not allowed to even question them. Oh well I guess I found my forum here. Hooray!! DON'T QUESTION ALMIGHTY APPLE!!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
We usually don't delete posts here asking questions like that, but the answer is usually we have no idea.

Apple is very secretive about their product releases and no one really knows for sure when something will be released. Also this is Java and not Apple per see, so we would know even less when it will be out.

Since they were polite to you there and just did not remove your post without an explanation, I see no real issue with what they did. Since it's run by Apple, they are very strict on discussion of product releases.

Also, welcome to Mac Forums. If we can help in any way, just ask.

OP
saneman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The only reason I asked...

The only reason I even asked was Apple does its own java. Oh well.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
The only reason I even asked was Apple does its own java. Oh well.

I think you are right about Java. Forgot all about that. Still like I said, Apple is very secretive about releases like that.

I for sure would tell you if I knew, but we are pretty much in the dark about when something will be released.

Sorry we can't be of more help with your question.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
May I ask what version of Java you're looking for? I just did a quick look here and I'm running 1.6.0_20. Is there something absolutely essential in update 21 that you need?

OP
saneman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Some sights...

some of the web pages I have gone to recently keep asking me to update. And now my Firefox is even asking me to. I guess it is not going to kill me to wait I was just wondering if anyone knew.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
some of the web pages I have gone to recently keep asking me to update. And now my Firefox is even asking me to. I guess it is not going to kill me to wait I was just wondering if anyone knew.

What version of Java do you currently have installed? Am up to date here and never get asked for a newer Java using either Firefox or Safari.

OP
saneman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My current version is: application/x-java-applet;jpi-version=1.6.0_20 I know I am up to date I just found it odd Firefox thinks I am not.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4ghz quad core ati 5850 graphics card 4GB ddr3 ram

Sometimes this is because of addons such as noscript running, make sure your letting things load properly, or run properly. Cant tell you how many times I've had to redo an application or survey because I had blocked the site.

OP
saneman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Parallels

Figured out why it was saying my Java was not up to date, I run parallels and it was finding my Firefox windows side was not up to date even though the Mac side was up to date.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.