Network password problem

Reaction score
Just added a NetGear WG111v3 USB network adaptor to a PowerMac G4 running OS X 10.3.9.

I can get onto the web fine but each time I log off and log back on I have to find the NetGear Utility and re-enter the WEP password.

NetGear support is dreadful - they look for keywords and give you prewritten replies. So far I've had how to do it under Windows and how to instal Airport under another version of OS X (instead of NetGear kit!)

Any suggestions guys?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac - OS 10.6.4
A newbie to the forum!

I am having the same problem, at first I thought it was because my wireless network is hidden - but all other gadgets work fine once I have put the WEP key in just once, such as my iPod.

Any advice would be great, thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Thread moved to appropriate forum.

@Mart1054

Netgear support is not the best... However, try changing WEP to WPA or WPA2 and enter a pass phrase. WEP is not secure and generally is troublesome to get working right. Let's see if that helps.

@Deano89

I know you're new... jumping into someone else's thread is impolite and may delay an answer for the original poster. As for your problem: Don't hide your network, (broadcast the network name) and try changing your security to WPA or WPA2. WEP is not secure and is troublesome to set up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac - OS 10.6.4
:Oops: Apologies, no intention to take over the thread (wanted Mart1054 to know the problem is not unique) . Thanks for the advice, I will try and change the security settings.

Good luck Mart1054, let us know if you are successful!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.