i looked at the price
i can build a small form factor pc 10x as good for the same price
but im in love with mac os x
i want to get something good, but cheap
do u suggest for me to scour ebay and see what comes up

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Get an eMac for the best bang for the buck.. if you can live with the CRT monitor that is...

OP
C

catchawave

I don't know what kind of luck others have had out there with a CRT model but I have had terrible luck with them. This is my second one that I believe the flyback transformer is going out. I get a "flickering" on the screen. I still need to get it into the shop SOON before I loose it completely.
If it were me, I wouldn't get another CRT again. Unless you don't mind fixing it every few years.
but I love my eMac! Or should I say Macs. I just bought a Lombard laptop off ebay.
My friends always give me a bad time because they all have PC's but they all have problems IE: virses, HD's dying because of spyware etc.... I have never had any of those problems.
Since you have a monitor already, you could probably get a good set up by getting a mac mini. Check out some previous threads on the mini.

OP
U

UncSki1218

I wouldn't get the mini. After 1gb ram and an 80gb hd, you can't do much more. Like others said...look into the emac. A iMac G5 on ebay is another possibility.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac G5/Powerbook G4/Pegasos 2
Well if you think you can get a small form PC 10X better then go for it. Personally I have never seen a PC for $800 be worth a ****. You get no software thats worth anything. With a $600 mini you get a lot more. I agree the mini is lacking in its expandability dept, but still its a mac and that alone makes it better then a PC! I recomend getting a G4 or even a G3 powermac on ebay and getting an upgrade PPC CPU. You can get a great deal on them now.

Here is a G3 with an upgraded G4 in it for only $374 at ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5790131132&category=51034&rd=1

Here are several more too:
http://search.ebay.com/Powermac-G3_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8

Here are some G4 model Powermacs for a great deal too. You can put the new Gigadesign 2GHZ G4 in these! Great deal and very nice systems.

http://search.ebay.com/Powermac-G4_...tionZcompareQQcopagenumZ1QQcoentrypageZsearch

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.