1GHz RAM for 12" PB, anyone?

K

keylime

I have a first-generation 12" PowerBook 867. The one available slot has a 512, and although the 1GHz chip is way expensive, it could prove helpful for some of the more labor-intensive tasks. I am just wondering if anyone has installed the 1GHz chip (specifically on the first generation 12") and whether they noticed an appreciable difference. One would think so, but before shelling out the $500+. Also, I noticed on the Apple Store, they do not offer the 1GHz for the 867 PB yet it IS an option on the newer 12" PB. Wondering why.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
i cant really tell what you are talking about from your post with the Ram and gHz in separate places

If you are talking about a processor upgrade that is not possible on powerbooks so you are stuck with the 867mhz.

If you are talking about memory then you can not get 1gb of memory in your powerbook....the maximum amount in the 12" is 640MB of ram.

The new powerbooks have technology upgrades so they are capable of going up to 1gb of ram

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
trpnmonkey41 said:
If you are talking about memory then you can not get 1gb of memory in your powerbook....the maximum amount in the 12" is 640MB of ram.

The new powerbooks have technology upgrades so they are capable of going up to 1gb of ram

Yes, I'm pretty sure he's confusing GHz with GB.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.