iPhone 3GS Cannot See any wireless networks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
Hiya Guys

I got a bit of an interesting problem for you guys, I managed to find a few things on Google about it but havnt managed to find a fix for it yet.

I have a mate who has just bought an unlocked iPhone 3GS and its running iOS 3.1.2. It has Cydia installed on the phone but neither myself or my friend know how it was unlocked, I think it may be that quickpwn software but still not sure. Updating it to the latest iOS would be foolish because of the lack of a jailbreak for it which im assuming once a jailbreak is released its just a matter of installing ultrasn0w or whatever that program was called through Cydia to have it unlocked.

Is there a way to tell if it was unlocked and jailbroken through quickpwn or see how and what software was used to do it?

Thanks Guys

Reaction score
Have you tried resetting the Network Settings?

Settings>General>Reset>Network Settings.

Unfortunately there is no way you can tell how it was jailbroken.

OP
halo200
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeeeup didnt change anything

Reaction score
Ok then, try doing a full restore on the phone. It could be the jailbreak thats stuffing it up.

If that doesn't work, I suggest you book a Genius to go check it out. They would be able to determine what the problem is.

OP
halo200
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It needs the Jailbreak for the unlock. And right now without a Jailbreak for the 4.1 Firmware it would leave my mate with a paper weight because it wouldn't activate through iTunes without the original carriers sim inside it.

Reaction score
Ok then whatever you do, DO NOT DO THE RESTORE. From past experienced I accidently turned my iPhone into a paperweight (but fixed it later via hackivation). I also advise you not to take it into a Genius because they are not particularly fond of jailbroken iPhones.

Do you have the original sim or a sim from that company? Try buy a sim from that company then restore your phone. From my past experience, I bought a sim from the carrier off eBay but you would also then need the number from that sim.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.