PDA

View Full Version : Tape --> CD: How do I?

sevenhelmet
07-16-2005, 07:10 PM
What program(s) would y'all recommend to record a tape onto my Powermac, divide it into tracks, and burn it onto an audio CD?

Here's the skinny: I have an audio tape my friends and I made years ago for fun (comedy routines, etc.) and I want to put it on a CD with tracks and printed labels. Being as mac people tend on the creative side of things (which is why I bought one myself) I figured someone with experience in this sort of thing could point me in the right direction to get started.

Thanks for the help!

Badger
07-16-2005, 09:32 PM
To get the best quality input get a USB audio adapter like Griffin Technology's iMic, then go to the Griffin website - www.griffintechnology.com - and download the free software Final Vinyl. FV will record it as an aiff file and will let you edit it into tracks. It also has some basic filters to help clean up the tracks. Then you can burn it in the Finder or with a program like Toast. Actually go to the "How to" page before you buy anything so you get an idea of the procedure before you give up the $$$. I've done about 300 CDs from old LPs and cassettes using iMic, Final Vinyl and Toast.

sevenhelmet
07-16-2005, 11:21 PM
Wow- thanks! I didn't know the software would be free, and the iMic isn't all that expensive.

I appreciate the help :)