• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Lighter Fluid

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
My zippo just ran out and I REALLY dont feel like hunting around in stores to get more lighter fluid [I am really busy today] so i was wondering are there any house-hold stuff that i can put in there and have it work just as well. Please keep in mind that i dont want to cause any harm to my self while doing this I also dont want to explode the lighter or burn down my house. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
not saying try this.. but maybe vodka might have enough "spoof" to have a flame.

OP
Benjamindaines
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
Fallooza said:
try colone or purfume
That would probably work but it would be expensive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Just use matches until you can get out to buy fluid. Otherwise you could really eff-up your Zippo, depending on what you put in there besides actual lighter fluid.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Well...isn't that a good occasion to stop smoking? :cool:

:p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
A can of beer :) or rubbing alcohol.

T

Tel

I thought Zippo's were petrol lighters? Or did they do a few gas ones too? I wouldn't really know seen as I don't smoke (or burn things randomly) and so have no need for a lighter :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
i would just buy fluid , most things that are flamable will evaporate to quickly and it will make your lighter smell terrible , especially perfume .. i would just find some lighter fluid because it wont mess the lighter up like the other chemicals will , also some of the liquids can get hot and actually combust and make the lighter explode , like brake fluid , (dont ask) hahha .... be careful .

Reaction score
Use the stove. Light a punk stick, you know the ones you use to light fireworks, and carry it around with you. If you're that desperate to figure out what alternative fuel will work in your lighter, then I'd say the punk stick should get you through a whole pack.

ed724

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual 2.5 ghz g5 desktop with ati 800x video card,14" iBook 1gb
this is the most random post....

F

Fallooza

benjamindaines said:
My zippo just ran out and I REALLY dont feel like hunting around in stores to get more lighter fluid [I am really busy today] so i was wondering are there any house-hold stuff that i can put in there and have it work just as well. Please keep in mind that i dont want to cause any harm to my self while doing this I also dont want to explode the lighter or burn down my house. Thanks.
So.......... what did you use?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
agreed random post.

OP
Benjamindaines
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
well it is in Anything Goes

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.