Firmware for linksys

Reaction score
I'm using a linksys wrt54g as my router. I'd like to do a firmware upgrade to try to fix some problems I'm having. Does anyone know where I can get the correct firmware? I already tried the Cisco website and of course half the links are broken in the mac section.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
The firmware is platform-agnostic. Meaning that you just download a firmware file. So, feel free to visit the Windows section and look for the latest firmware.

Then, it's just a matter of logging into the Wireless Router's configuration webpage, finding the update section, clicking Browse and pointing to the directory you've saved the firmware file to.

OP
R
Reaction score
My bad, the download section doesn't even ask whether you're downloading for windows or mac. It's the same file. So the link is still useless and I still need to find another website to download it from.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
If I remember the WRT54G updates are a bin file. You get it on your hard drive and open the router in a browser and navigate to the admin section. Look for Firmware Upgrade and point it to that file you downloaded. Follow the instructions and do not stop the upgrade!

With Linksys there is no Windows or Mac firmware. At least not with any Linksys I have worked with and I own many WRT54g and gl routers.

The last Linksys Firmware I downloaded was in a zip file. unzip and you will get the bin file.

Edit: Be sure to put in your routers version. The firmware is different for each revision of the router. It's on a label on the bottom of the WRT54g.

http://homesupport.cisco.com/en-us/wireless/lbc/WRT54G

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.