Airport question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" PB G4
Say I plugged THIS little gadget into a router that I already had. So I would have the DSL modem->router+firewall->bridge. If I did this could the Airport Extreme built into my powerbook pick it up? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Yep basically.

Or you could replace the one router you have with a router that has wireless built in.

That specific adapter supports a higher speed than airport extreme, that isn't standardized yet, so you'd be paying more for that feature that you probably can't use.
For that price you could get a wireless router with the dsl modem built-in and save yourself 3 boxes...

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" PB G4
Well the deal is im only 14 so I dont really want to spend my personal cash on replacing the whole families internet equipment. I am basically looking for the cheapest way to get wireless to my Powerbook.

Thanks for the reply though.

L

Lonestar

The absolute cheapest way would most likely be to get a cheap wireless ap. OfficeMax has dlink ones on sale at the moment where I live; no idea if that is national or not. But you can get a cheap 802.11b (the old ieee standard, slower than 802.11g, but a **** of a lot cheaper) access point very cheaply at the moment since everyone is trying to get rid of their stocks to fill them back up with g routers and aps.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" PB G4
Well I would like the wireless to be as fast as Airport Extreme supports. But I dont want to buy something that would replace the rest of the families internat as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.