Stupid Question on iPhone 4

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
10 GB 13" MacBook Pro, 64GB WiFi, 128GB iPhone 7
I'm a new (2nd day) owner of the iPhone 4 - traded in my beloved Palm Treo 650 I had used since February of 2005. But I'm glad I did.

Is there a way to tell that the iPhone 4 is "On" when the screen blanks out? I always had the little blinking green light to tell me the Treo was at least turned on. Or do I have to push the Home button to bring up the screen? It's not a big deal but it would be nice to just glance at the phone sitting on a table and tell that it's on. I'm revealing my advancing age here.... ha.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
No there isn't. Just pressing the home or sleep/wake button as you've mentioned

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I'm a new (2nd day) owner of the iPhone 4 - traded in my beloved Palm Treo 650 I had used since February of 2005. But I'm glad I did.

Is there a way to tell that the iPhone 4 is "On" when the screen blanks out? I always had the little blinking green light to tell me the Treo was at least turned on. Or do I have to push the Home button to bring up the screen? It's not a big deal but it would be nice to just glance at the phone sitting on a table and tell that it's on. I'm revealing my advancing age here.... ha.

Thanks in advance.

As mrplow stated, to "check" if it's turned on, you would need to press the home button or wake/sleep button... BUT in the 3 years I've had an iPhone, I have NEVER looked and found that I had accidentally turned it off. In fact It would be extremely difficult to accidentally power down an iPhone.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Just try powering your iPhone off. You'll find it's not an easy matter.

In case you don't know how, you must press and hold the power button on top until the screen shows you a slider, you must then slide the slider on the screen to confirm you want to turn it off. Can't imagine many ways this could occur by accident. More likely, you'll let the battery run down.

Don't believe I've seen even a single report of the iPhone somehow being powered off accidentally since it was first introduced.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.