Insecure Startup Items folder detected

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP (mid 2010), 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB, 320GB 5400 RPM, SuperDrive 8xDL, OSX4.6
I'm new to the Mac world having just got a MBP a couple months ago and after installing Flip4mac and a software upgrade requiring a restart I get a Box on startup with the message:

Insecure Startup Items folder detected. Items in the Startup Items folder ("/Library/StartupItems/") have not been started because the folder does not have the proper security settings. <OK>

I've hit the help (?) button and followed the advice there but still get the message every time I restart.

Hitting OK continues with the startup process and everything seems to run OK but I would like to fix the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

13" MBP, 2,4GHz dual core, 4MB RAM, 320MB 5400, OS X 10.6.4

Thanx,
arbiggs

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Thanks for that link Bob. I was experiencing this until recently but had never bothered to find an answer. I did a permission repair recently to fix a different problem and this seems to have fixed it.

OP
arbiggs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP (mid 2010), 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB, 320GB 5400 RPM, SuperDrive 8xDL, OSX4.6
Also, thanks so much for the info and link. I'll get that done as soon as possible.

arbiggs

OP
arbiggs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Perfect! Being a "new" switcher I really appreciate the help and am very happy to find the Mac community so helpful.

arbiggs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.