PDA

View Full Version : Watching MPG On Macs

mmcgee684
07-13-2005, 11:16 AM
Hello,

I was told by someone that I could watch MPG files on Macs, but when I start one in quicktime, it doesn't allow me to watch it....

I was wondering if there was some type of player or codec that I had to download in order to do this.....

If there is, please let me know where I can get them....

Thanks,

Matt

badmojo
07-13-2005, 11:18 AM
Try Windows Media Player 9 for Mac. www.mactopia.com

Aptmunich
07-13-2005, 01:50 PM
Try VLC or Mplayer.

Usually you need to try a few different players, but Mplayer will open almost anything for me.

jeXus
07-13-2005, 03:51 PM
Hello,

I was told by someone that I could watch MPG files on Macs, but when I start one in quicktime, it doesn't allow me to watch it....

I was wondering if there was some type of player or codec that I had to download in order to do this.....

If there is, please let me know where I can get them....

Thanks,

Matt

Windows Media Player 9 will do the job for sure. Plus it will play AVI files if you come across those. VLC is another really good player. VLC pretty much plays everything I think.

trpnmonkey41
07-13-2005, 04:18 PM
Download DiVx (divx.com , free) and it will install codecs to allow you to play most files in quicktime (avi, most mpg's)

Underbelly
07-13-2005, 07:13 PM
I've never had a problem watching mpgs with QT. Are you sure you have a recent version?

Aptmunich
07-14-2005, 02:47 AM
I've never had a problem watching mpgs with QT. Are you sure you have a recent version?
I have, an I'm using the current version.

It depends on the way they're encoded...

Some work, lots don't though...