Windows Media Player for OSX 10.4

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5 17 inch w/ 1 gig of ram, 6 gb ipod mini, and 12" Powerbook G4
I'm trying to d/l wmp for my Mac from download.com, all it's downloading though is a file labeled "VISE" on my desktop. Where should I go to get the app i'm looking for? thanks.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iWonder said:

I tried that again, it downloads a file (windowsmedia.sitx) but doesn't contain an APP. It's the blank document icon on my desktop...

Picture1.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
Do you have stuffit installed? .sit is a compression format, not sure about .sitx.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
Rs2 is right.... You'll need to uncompress the .sitx file with an app like Stuffit Expander. .sitx is basically like a .zip or .sit file.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
sarahsboy18 said:
Rs2 is right.... You'll need to uncompress the .sitx file with an app like Stuffit Expander. .sitx is basically like a .zip or .sit file.

Downloaded Stuffit and success, thanks.

B

BrianH

media player is a sort of pain for mac because microsoft IMO hasnt felt the need to update it and keep it clean. Its kind of laggy and ::cough:: doesnt handle some live streams ::cough:: like my XP pc counterpart can.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.