Create folders within Photo's app ON iPhone?

Reaction score
Hey,

On the iphone...is there a way to move pictures from the "Camera Roll" folder into another folder ON the phone?

I know I can create folders in iPhoto, then sync...that's not what I'm talking about.

I'm basically looking for the same functionality as as "On-the-Go" playlist creation in the iPod app....where you can create a playlist, on-the-fly, on the phone (without any interaction or syncing with your computer).

If anybody knows how to "folderize" photos on the iPhone itself, please let me know.

Thanks,

jman995x

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
In short, no.

Reaction score
The best advice I can give you: send all that is in your camera roll to your email address, and then save all those photos on your computer, and import them through iTunes.

An alternative would be to allow iPhoto to sync the Camera Roll/Saved Photos to your computer, then import them in the Photo settings with iPhoto as the source.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.