Mouse mat

J

jamie

The Apple bluetooth mouse is great except it doesn't like the surface of my desk... typical. I've been looking around for a mouse mat but am unsure of the best surface. There's rough, smooth, glass, plastic... even metal. Can anyone give me an insight into the best mat for this mouse?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
jamie said:
The Apple bluetooth mouse is great except it doesn't like the surface of my desk... typical. I've been looking around for a mouse mat but am unsure of the best surface. There's rough, smooth, glass, plastic... even metal. Can anyone give me an insight into the best mat for this mouse?
Any Kind would be fine as long as its not 18% gray (the color if the inside of the ibooks) or wood grain. Although any surface well do smooth will allow for the easiest gliding.

OP
J

jamie

Thanks for that benjaminedaines, after reading your advice I went for the Steelpad QcK . It seems to have got some good reviews, I'll let you know how I get on with it once it arrives.

Thanks again.

OP
S

SisterK

Brite Mat

Hello Jamie

Try out a BriteMat or Brite Mat pad - made in the UK (I've lost the references)

I've had trouble finding the right surface for precise mousing, after six or seven tries, this is the mat with the least drag and most precision, I've stopped looking now.

It had a sea scene on it, and although a plain colour is said to work best, I've had no trouble with the cursor skipping off screen.

Best of luck!

Kathy

OP
J

jamie

SisterK said:
Hello Jamie

I've had trouble finding the right surface for precise mousing, after six or seven tries, this is the mat with the least drag and most precision, I've stopped looking now.

It had a sea scene on it, and although a plain colour is said to work best, I've had no trouble with the cursor skipping off screen.

Best of luck!

Kathy

Thanks Kathy, I think I'll try the Brite Mat. The Steelpad QcK mat I bought is very high quality, very smooth and has improved the accuracy of the pointer but I still have problems with the cursor jumping a little. I've searched high and low on the web but can't seem to find anyone else with the same problem. Could it be just the surface or is it possible that there's something amiss with the bluetooth connection? I've tried the mouse at work and it's find with the Mac G4 I use. Anyone else have the same problem?

OP
H

Harryc

SisterK said:
Hello Jamie

Best of luck!

Kathy
That's the exact one I use - two thumbs up!

OP
S

SisterK

Hi Jamie,
I was told that some patterns or colours sometimes disturb the optical reading, and make the cursor jump - it happened to me with other mats, my cursor would shoot off the screen towards bottom right. I don't think there's anything wrong with your mouse.

True HarryC - it's a great pad! the mouse stays clean too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, 14'', 1.33 Ghz, 60gig, 768ram, Mac OsX 10.4.3
mine's a razer exactmat. very good gripping.
mousemat.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" PB G4
I have a BT apple mouse and it goes crazy on a dark woodgrain.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Pretty much any dark, solid color mousepad is best.
I got this one for like 2 dollars, I like it because it has the wrist-rest.

mousepad.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, 14'', 1.33 Ghz, 60gig, 768ram, Mac OsX 10.4.3
bhanson said:
Black Supermat:

dscf00178ws.jpg

u know what..i like the mx510.
now they have the mx518.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.