Minimum requirements for Logic Pro 7.2...?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz MacBookPro Core 2 Duo, 3GB RAM, 320GB 7200rpm Western Digital Scorpio Black HD
Got a copy of Logic Pro 7.2 that I've not used in a while, was using it on my MacBook Pro, but that kinda went by the wayside...

Anyway... I want to buy a 2nd hand Desktop Mac. I've got a 23" 1080HD Samsung screen to plug into, so would much rather use a desktop than my laptop... But what should I be looking for as a minimum to just run Logic 7.2?

I know it runs fine on my Core2Duo MacBook Pro, but will it run fine on say a 2GHz G5 Power Mac? I keep seeing these crop up for not very much money on ebay, certainly cheaper than intel Mac Mini's seem to go for (which would be the obvious choice except for that they seem to fetch nearly new money 2nd hand!). But would Logic run fine on an old Power Mac?

Whatever I buy, it's going to be used purely for Music Production, with perhaps a little bit of internet surfing. For anything else I will use other machines I already have, so it doesn't need to be cutting edge or anything, but I do want it to run Logic fine with no problems...

Budget is up to about £300, preferably less.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.