PDA

View Full Version : Cannot post links, pictures or anything from M-F ????

TattooedMac
08-26-2010, 08:25 AM
Copy link into browser for picture as i cant click on any of the buttons ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ up there in the posting box ??? Any ideas ??? Please

http://img.skitch.com/20100826-8a4jd6im99n959hun5m1y1q9rn.jpg

Cheers

bobtomay
08-26-2010, 09:32 AM
Have you tried... not necessarily in this order, just as I thought of them...

different browser,
another user account,
rebooting the machine,
resetting Safari (assuming that's the one you're using),
moving the Safari plist to the desktop,
running Onyx

TattooedMac
08-28-2010, 07:25 PM
Yep thanks for that bob. I had done (silly not to have said) Ran MainMenu with reboot and dropping plist onto desktop with no joy.....
In the mean time, with your suggestion have tried FF and low and behold its allowing me to to do it. :)

Now from memory i think it there was a update before this all happened ..... Donrt quote me. How do i get to the Update log to check on my latest ???

REetting Safari doesnt do it either. Its not just here but any forum or similar situation has the same outcome.

Safari wont let me ...... :(

Where do i go from here for a fix short of trashing and re dl still not knowing what the problem is ? Im not a fan of FF or Chrome so all will be appreciated ...

Cheers

All other browsers work and other Account as well ... So it here and now. All updates in place.

bobtomay
08-28-2010, 08:04 PM
There was an update to Safari 5.0.1 about a month ago. If Safari works in another account, don't believe it would be the update because that should affect every account the same.

Don't think there is a "log" per se, but a list of everything you've installed can be found in Library / Receipts / Installhistory.plist

If moving the Safari plist file didn't do it, next I'd be looking at any plug-ins or if you have any of the new extensions Safari can use now - I haven't really checked those out yet.

Hate to say it, but sometimes an uninstall/reinstall is the fastest way.

Maybe someone will have a thought I'm overlooking also.

bobtomay
08-28-2010, 08:09 PM
Other idea, try Repair Permissions if you didn't do that with Main Menu. Shouldn't fix it, but I've seen it fix some pretty strange things the last couple of years.

TattooedMac
08-28-2010, 08:13 PM
Hate to say it, but sometimes an uninstall/reinstall is the fastest way.

Im starting to think the same. I have no problems with dling the latest Safari to fix the problem, but i like to know what the problem is and have a solution for it... If you can see where im coming from. Ill uninstall all my extensios and if with a little more fault finding nothing happen ill trash it and see where we go from there ...

Cheers

Other idea, try Repair Permissions if you didn't do that with Main Menu. Shouldn't fix it, but I've seen it fix some pretty strange things the last couple of years.
EDIT : Yea i have Repair configured in my Batch Tasks ...

vansmith
08-28-2010, 08:42 PM
Have you tried resetting Safari? That may get rid of some things that may be blocking Safari from proper operation.

TattooedMac
08-28-2010, 08:47 PM
Have you tried resetting Safari? That may get rid of some things that may be blocking Safari from proper operation.

Yea mate i have #3 .... Im on Safari4 ATM from my SD Backup and im going run Software Updater get the new one and see where we are at. Have tried all suggestions so am giving in easy this time .... Miss my Safari :)

Cheers

TattooedMac
08-28-2010, 09:14 PM
Have the new Safari and all isnt good on the home front. Safari5 latest isnt still letting me post links and such .....

What next as im at a lose

Thanks for suggestions

Cheers

TattooedMac
08-28-2010, 09:42 PM
I havnt installed any extensions yet either ??

McYukon
08-28-2010, 10:07 PM
If I turn off Javascript the buttons will cease to work.
Safari Prefs>Security>Enable Javascript
Might require a restart of Safari to get it to work.

http://www.javatester.org/javascript.html

TattooedMac
09-01-2010, 05:22 PM
If I turn off Javascript the buttons will cease to work.
Safari Prefs>Security>Enable Javascript
Might require a restart of Safari to get it to work.

Thanks for the tip McYukon, but with a litlle more investigation i found it to be a FB photo enlarger extension that screwed it all around. With that now gone i have my beloved Safari back :)

Woohoo.

So a word of warning out there, just to watch what Extensions you install on your Mac.

Have sent a msg to the developers to see if they can come up with a fix.

Thanks for all da help peoples :)

Cheers

pigoo3
09-01-2010, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the tip McYukon, but with a litlle more investigation i found it to be a FB photo enlarger extension that screwed it all around. With that now gone i have my beloved Safari back :)

Woohoo.

So a word of warning out there, just to watch what Extensions you install on your Mac.

Thanks for the tip/warning. I didn't think Mac OS X suffered from this sort of thing (installed extensions from an application) like OS 9 was notorious for!!!:(

Glad to hear everything is back to normal!:)

- Nick