Vocal delays

Reaction score
I would love to purchase a Mac to replace a PC on which I used to record my own original music - I was never able to solve the problem of my vocals lagging behind the arrangement. I read many forums at the time, and not one soul could ever seem to solve the problem for anyone experiencing this annoyance. I don't want to make the same mistake twice: I've done a little research and am finding people have the same trouble with Macs. I see that there are all sorts of suggestions to solve the problem, but no one ever writes back to say "Yes, thanks, that worked for me!" Can anyone tell me, if I buy a new Mac for composing on, am I going to likely struggle with this same problem? If I am I may as well just bite the bullet and rent a studio when I want to record.

Reaction score
go for the mac

I have just swapped to a Mac pro, from a pc, I haven’t had this problem using both platforms, are you using a good sound card in addition to your pc and using the right drivers (asio) I am running cubase 5 and I am well impressed with the performance of my Mac book pro, the Mac beats the much bigger pc hands down.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro core i5 15" 10.6.8
I know my voice lags when my external microphone (the snowball, if you must know) is jostled a bit. So maybe that was your problem? Did you use the mic built in the comp, or an external one? Because if it was the internal one, I'm sure you wouldn't have the problem if you bought a new computer!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Mac Book Pro 2.16 Ghz Inter Core 2 Duo, 3 GB Ram
What program were you using when you encountered these problems, and did/do you have any effects on them like reverb and delay? Some effects will cause the audio to lag behind due to the time it takes to process it in real time. Some programs have a delay compensation feature that get rid of this problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.