Itunes Question

Reaction score
I apologize if this is posted in the wrong area of the forum!

Video takes up a whole lot of room on my internal HD. Is there a way to keep all my music etc on my internal HD and movies, TV shows etc on an external HD using iTunes?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8ghz G5 5.5gb RAM
Yes. Just put your folder with the actual music & movie files on the external drive then "point" iTunes to it. iTunes > preferences > advanced > iTunes media folder location, click "change..."
No need to move you iTunes library etc... out of your music folder. just the folder with the actual music files.

OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response, but I just want to move my video files (only) to an external HD and point iTunes at it. With your suggestion i would have to move the entire library. Unless i'm misunderstanding?

Yes. Just put your folder with the actual music & movie files on the external drive then "point" iTunes to it. iTunes > preferences > advanced > iTunes media folder location, click "change..."
No need to move you iTunes library etc... out of your music folder. just the folder with the actual music files.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.