Connecting to work issues.....

Reaction score
Here is my issue.... When I am at work with my macbook pro and I use Entourage to get my email, I have no issues. I can connect both wired and with wireless. When I go home and use my internet connection, I can get on the Internet, but Entourage will not pull my emails off my work server?
I believe I know all my works network settings. I am wondering if there is somewhere on my macbook that I need to enter information for my network to know who I am outside of the settings in Entourage?? Any suggestions??

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Dumb question...but your work servers are accessible on the Internet without needing to VPN?

Regards

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Not having used Entourage, I can't give you the specific details but in the Account setup for your work account check out what servers are being used. Then from your home you can try "ping" those addresses, if you get a response back, then your email should work..if not, then you'll need a VPN or something..

The fastest thing to do is to contact your work IT department and see what they suggest..

Regards

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.