AIRPORT EXTREME BASE STATION MB763B/A and MC340Z/A

Reaction score
Hey all,

I am thinking of buying a new router for my home network and as i have seen from various reviews the apple airport extreme does the job pretty well with a nice set of various features. i was ready to place my order for pick up and i have discovered that there are two models available with 60eurs price difference. The model numbers are the following:

APPLE MB763B/A AIRPORT EXTREME BASE STATION 120.00 €
APPLE MC340Z/A AIRPORT EXTREME BASE STATION 180.35 €

i will appreciate it a lot if someone can tell what are the differences for those two models and why they have such a "huge" price difference. i have Google both models but i cant find comparisons.

Thank you in advance

Regards
Vitalion

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs, 1 MBP, 1 UMB, 1 mini
"The updated AirPort Extreme Base Station has antenna improvements resulting in wireless performance gains of both speed and range. Also stated is a resulting performance improvement/time reduction on Time Machine backups of up to 60%."

There are some real life accounts of the updated base actually helping throughput speeds, and increasing range as well. My suggestion would be to consider your personal needs. Is range going to be an issue for you? Will you be HD streaming or transferring large amounts of data wirelessly? If you answer "yes" to either, spend the extra and get the newer one.

OP
V
Reaction score
hmm oki.. i have found some more info regarding this issue.. and i will probably go with the "new" version of this product.. thx for ur help and time :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.