Problems with IE and Flash

Z

zen4thought

Hello everyone..
I have a very odd problem here, I've been working on a site for a friend. The base of it is done in Dreamweaver (version 7.0), and I have a flash animation in the site. When I test it in FireFox it looks wonderful, no flaws, when I test it in IE only part of it comes up! My IE is version 5.2.
Now here is where it gets even stranger, I had some friends test it out on their pc's, and they see it perfectly (in both firefox and ie), Sadly I don't know many people with mac's. So could someone check it out and see if it works on their IE... then let me know.. (the problem i have in IE, is it cut's off the icons in the flash that i have on the right side of the page)
Also if it doesnt work, would anyone know what I shoud do?
Thank you so much in advance!
Here is the link to the site:
http://twistedcircleproductions.com/website/

OP
J

justinpfarrell

I checked it out and I am getting the same problem with IE. That is very strange. I am not sure what to tell you. I have a good amount of experience in all of the above, and have never seen anything like that. Flash is compiled and displayed the same everywhere so I dont understand why it would do that in IE.

Another reason why microsoft sucks.

OP
Z

zen4thought

justinpfarrell said:
I checked it out and I am getting the same problem with IE. That is very strange. I am not sure what to tell you. I have a good amount of experience in all of the above, and have never seen anything like that. Flash is compiled and displayed the same everywhere so I dont understand why it would do that in IE.

Another reason why microsoft sucks.

I'm not sure what to do either :-/
Although I am going to try and rerender another swf file out and replace it. This is the first time this has ever happened to me. Flash is Flash right? and it's bugging the **** outa me. Hopefully though most mac users won't be on IE if they check out the page, but still, if you come across anything else i can try as well please let me know...
Grrr on microsoft!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
IE for Mac has not been updated in well over a year and it won't be updated again. MS got a bit pissy when Apple came out with their own browser (Safari). True, there shouldn't be any reason for it to not work, but who knows? IE for Mac is and has always been crap if you ask me though.

OP
J

justinpfarrell

IE for Mac has not been updated in well over a year and it won't be updated again. MS got a bit pissy when Apple came out with their own browser (Safari). True, there shouldn't be any reason for it to not work, but who knows? IE for Mac is and has always been crap if you ask me though.

Yes, I frequently have problems with IE mac. I am less and less concerned how my designs look in this archaic, out-dated, un-stable web browser.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" PB G4
If mac users use IE, its just their fault.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.