NEED HELP Windows and Mac

Reaction score
I just installed windows 7 on my new macbook pro and i also installed macdrive 8 with that. I partioned to be 32 gb. With macdrive is there anyway to install windows programs to the mac partition because i went to dl avg free and saved the installer on my mac partition but when i go to open it it says it cant be found. The whole reason im using macdrive is so i can have no wasted hard disk space.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved to appropriate forum.

MacDrive does not provide a way to install Windows programs to your OS X partition. The function of MacDrive is to allow you to read and write to your OS X partition while in Windows 7.

If you want to install the free AVG, just download it using IE8 and install it from within Windows. Why do you need to save the installer on your OS X partition?
No point in saving it anyway. If you need to download it again, you can do so again from Windows since it's free.

BTW, AVG has always been a resource hog. I suggest and recommend you download the free "Microsoft Security Essentials" instead. Download from
here.

Regards.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
If it you can't move it to your Windows partition, I'd say it was a bad download.

As one that was a big fan of and used AVG for several years, I'd also suggest it's time to move on.

Give Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) a try. It could be one of the best apps MS has come out with in a long time. Not near the resource hog that AVG has become.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.