Trouble accessing router configurations

Reaction score
Hi,

I just bought a D-Link wireless router with N wireless power. It is working fine and I have established an internet connection and all.

And the problem I am having, is that somehow I cannot access the router configuration through FF, or any browser.

Have tried D-Links default IP: 192.168.0.50 and also have tried 192.168.1.1, 192.168.2.1, 192.168.0.1 and my personal IP, but none of these work!

Can someone please help me?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Hmm, is it giving you some kind of error when you try to access the routers webpage?

Try this,
Shutdown the computer and the router, turn the router on and wait a few seconds for it to start up.
Startup the computer and then try the IP addresses.
Also try using http://www. in front of you IP adrress. http://www.192.168.0.50

OP
C
Reaction score
Hmm, is it giving you some kind of error when you try to access the routers webpage?

Try this,
Shutdown the computer and the router, turn the router on and wait a few seconds for it to start up.
Startup the computer and then try the IP addresses.
Also try using http://www. in front of you IP adrress. http://www.192.168.0.50

For some IP addresses it immediately displayed the page not found (such domain does not exist etc.) but for the 192.168.0.50 it loaded the page for about 1,5-2 minutes and then displaying the 'page not found' page.

I shut down router -> shutdown my iMac -> restart router, wait about a minute it to connect properly -> start iMac -> testing all the IP's again, even tried with http://www. at the beginning of every IP but hasnt worked yet.

I dont think it's broken/defective, because, well the internet connection is working properly and the WLAN is working (default name: 'dlink'). But just want to change the WLAN name and password, cause neighbours surfing on it will slow my internet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I would try resetting the router now.
There should be a small reset hole somewhere on the back of the router.
Then try the IP address again, as far as I can find out the default D-Link IP was 192.168.0.1 once. Although it may have changed now.

Also, are you using some kind of proxy?
I found one person on Google that got his to work by disabling his proxy.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What model Dlink router is this? Is it brand new? Have you made any changes to the configuration?

Most Dlinks are 192.168.0.1 out of the box. Is the router working and it's just you can not access the routers config page?

OP
C
Reaction score
I reseted the router and tried the IP's again. But no luck.
Im not using it on a network or anything like that. Just plugged it into my iMac.

The model is: DAP-1522. Havent made any changes (took out of the box, unwrapped the router and plugged in). Manual said that default IP is: 192.168.0.50. Thats why Ive tried that the most.

And yes, the router is working just fine (internet connection has not slowed down since introducing the router to the modem and the WLAN is working fine). And that I just cant access the configuration page. :[

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
The Dlink DAP-1522 is NOT a router. It's a Wireless Access Point and a Wireless Bridge. It's made to either hook up to an existing router to give it WiFi Capability or pickup the Wireless Signal from an existing router in a remote location from the router and hook up to 4 computers Wired.

That is why it has the different IP as not to get in the way of the main router IP.

Here is a URL to the manual.

D-Link Xtreme N Duo Wireless Bridge/Access Point

What router (Modem/Router) are you using it with? What is the IP Range of the actual Router? Since your Dlink Access Point/Bridge is on 192.168.1.50 your router with DHCP should be at 192.168.0.1 or 0.254 or something in that range and not 192.168.1.1.

OP
C
Reaction score
The Dlink DAP-1522 is NOT a router. It's a Wireless Access Point and a Wireless Bridge. It's made to either hook up to an existing router to give it WiFi Capability or pickup the Wireless Signal from an existing router in a remote location from the router and hook up to 4 computers Wired.

That is why it has the different IP as not to get in the way of the main router IP.

I apologize for being confusing. I have a modem that gives the internet connection and this 'wireless access point' (sorry for calling it a router) that I have connected to the modem. It gives WLAN/WIFI successfully and the internet is working like it should. And the problem still remains that I cannot access the config site through whatever IP it could be.

I just dont get it. Never had any problems with modems/routers.

And the manual/site you gave me had the exact manual that came in the box, except it was in a PDF.

Should I just give up?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I added a couple of lines to my post. What IP Range is the Modem/Router working on? Is it the same as the Dlink WAP?

OP
C
Reaction score

What router (Modem/Router) are you using it with? What is the IP Range of the actual Router? Since your Dlink Access Point/Bridge is on 192.168.1.50 your router with DHCP should be at 192.168.0.1 or 0.254 or something in that range and not 192.168.1.1.

I'm using a Cisco EPC3000 modem with 200mbps internet connection.

And the modems IP is: 213.243.189.???

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.