• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

natural keyboard

Reaction score
im looking for a new keyboard for my mac mini. im currently using the bluetooth keyboard, but i need a natural style split keyboard. i dont know of any bluetooth naturals out there, so which regular natural keyboard will work with the osx operating system?

the adesso keyboard is quite expensive so i was looking at getting a microsoft, but will the natural keyboard elite usb work with tiger correctly?

TIA!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
dopey423 said:
im looking for a new keyboard for my mac mini. im currently using the bluetooth keyboard, but i need a natural style split keyboard. i dont know of any bluetooth naturals out there, so which regular natural keyboard will work with the osx operating system?

the adesso keyboard is quite expensive so i was looking at getting a microsoft, but will the natural keyboard elite usb work with tiger correctly?

TIA!

Microsoft and Logitech have an OSX Driver that re-maps the keys for their keyboards so they all work properly with OSX. Just download the driver from Microsoft if you go with their natural. The basic keys would all work anyway, just a few of the special ones need re-mapping. The driver takes care of that. I have a close friend who used that very Microsoft keyboard on his Dual G5 and his wifes IMac G5 and they work perfectally.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Yep I use a Microsoft Natural keyboard with Tiger and it works great. I use the wireless version also.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
So the windows key on the keyboard becomes the command key?

Reaction score
I like the logitech wireless natural keyboard, it has the Apple keys labeled as well as the Windows ones. I also have the Microsoft one, I wouldn't recommend it, it is kind of annoying how it defaults to the secondary functions of the function keys.

H

Harryc

mynameis said:
I like the logitech wireless natural keyboard, it has the Apple keys labeled as well as the Windows ones. I also have the Microsoft one, I wouldn't recommend it, it is kind of annoying how it defaults to the secondary functions of the function keys.
Do your command and option keys work on boot? I have a Logitech Elite and they do not.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.