Airport Express is playing around

Reaction score
You guys are my last chance! After reading numerous posts on mac forums all over the world this will be my last try in order to avoid buying a new Airport Express Base Station.

Here's my problem - that is a well known problem according to many other mac forums (the solution isn't though...):

My Airport Express (AP) is turning invisible time by time. One day it shows, the next it doesn't. And it doesn't matter if I'm trying to use it as a client or when creating a new network.
The problem is some times solved by restarting the AP or one of the macbooks I'm trying to access it from. The strange thing is that my Iphone 3GS can always find the AP - also when the macbooks can't.
I have tried all good things - restarting, resetting, applying other channels, other codes, software updates, etc. - anything you can think of. And still nothing works.

What I find strange is that I know the AP is working since my Iphone will always find it. Of course the AP Utility also has problems finding the AP but this is solved by either using a wire or by restarting 1-100 times - once it will show at least for a few minutes, hours or even an entire day.

Come on guys - help me on this one!!!

Thanks in advance.

/Tobias, Denmark

OP
M
Reaction score
Sorry, forgot to explain that. Yes, I have no problems with any other wireless network including any airport express network.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
How far from the Airport Extreme are the Laptops? If the iPhone 3gs is seeing the SSID then I doubt it's the AE causing the issue. If it were hiding it's SSID then it would be that way for anything that tried to find it.

OP
M
Reaction score
@ mayfly TR - I already read that post but as you may also have noticed the solution wasn't found. I tried doing what the solutions could be but still no positive outcome.

@ dtravis 7 - The labtops are very close (in the same range as the Iphone) to the AP. So this would probably not be the problem. It doesn't help moving them from one location to another...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.