• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Linux help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5
I just installed Ubuntu Linux on my old Imac G3 and I cant right click (mouse doesn't have right button) and ctrl doesn't work either, I need to eject a disk so i need to right click (the eject button doesn't work)...

Anyone know how to right click on Ubuntu Linux?

I set up mouse preferences to "Macintosh" but it still wont work, any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
crtl click will not work in linux that is a os thing for mac os. Since you only have a one button mouse in your computer you will have to buy a cheap 2 button mouse if you need to right click. Unless there is a way that I am unfamilar with.

OP
solidstalin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5
Awwww......

I could just nick one from school but its like 10 weeks before i go back....

OP
solidstalin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5
Whats the command to eject a disk when the mac is restarted/started up again?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.