Advice transferring Digi001 onto new Mac OS

Reaction score
Hello,
Advice needed please. I had a Digi 001 working with Protools LE on an old (year 2000) desktop Mac G3 running OS9. Can I transfer this to my new MacbookPro running on OSX 10.6.4, whose profile is:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro6,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Processor Interconnect Speed: 4.8 GT/s
Boot ROM Version: MBP61.0057.B05
SMC Version (system): 1.58f15
Hardware UUID: D0E06846-353D-5F8E-8AC2-B9E17A39E7CF
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

On the old desktop Mac it was connected by SCSI - will a SCSI to firewire adapter do the trick, and of course an upgrade to Protools LE for OSX (i can get hold of version 6.1)? Does it also need an internal card? The last thing I want to do is bu**er up my new lovely Macbook, advice please. Will probably use more for editing than recording, but once I get the creative juices flowing, who knows....

Also, anyone know if there are conflict issues with running both Protools LE and Microsoft Office (another forum thread suggested this may be the case)?

Anxiously await an answer, thanks!
Salsadirect, UK

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
SCSI comes in many flavors, so your big hang up will be finding the right adapter to interface with your MacBook Pro. Aside from that, your MacBook Pro should be able to read the filesystem. I don't know enough about the generations of Protools to know if the file formats will compatible.

Here is a SCSI to USB adapter: RATOC UltraSCSI to USB 2.0 Converter (U2SCX) at OWC

Depending on the type of connector, you may need an adapter to use it with your drive.

Also, not sure why there would be an issue with using modern Protools in tandem with Microsoft Office.

Either way, you're not going to damage your new Mac.

OP
S
Reaction score
help with connecting Digi001

Hi, thanks for your help. trouble is that this company you recommend is US and I am in UK, and if it turns out not to be compatible i am in trouble! Have emailed them anyway. Maplin online (UK) seem to sell something similar, but they know nothing about their products.
I'm trying...
Cheers!

SCSI comes in many flavors, so your big hang up will be finding the right adapter to interface with your MacBook Pro. Aside from that, your MacBook Pro should be able to read the filesystem. I don't know enough about the generations of Protools to know if the file formats will compatible.

Here is a SCSI to USB adapter: RATOC UltraSCSI to USB 2.0 Converter (U2SCX) at OWC

Depending on the type of connector, you may need an adapter to use it with your drive.

Also, not sure why there would be an issue with using modern Protools in tandem with Microsoft Office.

Either way, you're not going to damage your new Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.