Free Ipad Video Converter?

Reaction score
Anyone know a good one? I've downloaded a few but they all put watermark on the video.

I know I can use other converters and just make it an mp4, but I wanted one that fit it to the whole screen and set it to other ipad setting also.

Thanks for any help.

C

chas_m

Do you mean OTHER than iTunes?

What about Evom? It's free (you use the Apple TV setting).

PS. Movies that aren't shot in 4:3 aspect ratio (ie nearly all of them from the last 50 years) will not appear full screen unless you willingly cut off part of the picture (which, as any cinephile will happily tell you, is a crime). You need only to double-tap the 16:9 image for it to switch to fullscreen on the iPad. You lose part of the picture image of course but heaven forbid you should watch the film as the filmmaker intended.

OP
Z
Reaction score
I see the option to convert to ipad format on itunes, however I can't place the video file in itunes in the first place unless it is in mp4 format (in which case it is already in ipad format and itunes wont convert it).

I'll give evom a try, thanks for the help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Handbrake is awesome and its free.

Reaction score
There are ipad presets available online for handbrake that will format the video appropiately

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
If you have a PC and a powerful Nvidia card, check out badaboom. I think it's something like $7, but it uses CUDA technology and does the transcoding and converting via the GPU rather than the CPU. It did what hand brake did in 4 hours on an OC'ed Intel I7-920 in less than an hour with an Nvidia GTX 295.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
If you have a PC and a powerful Nvidia card, check out badaboom. I think it's something like $7, but it uses CUDA technology and does the transcoding and converting via the GPU rather than the CPU. It did what hand brake did in 4 hours on an OC'ed Intel I7-920 in less than an hour with an Nvidia GTX 295.

If it uses CUDA then it won't play very nice with any other video card unless it's an NVIDIA made. CUDA was developed by NVIDIA to run on their own cards. So ATI cards aren't allowed to play with CUDA unfortunately. :\

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.