Is it possible to install a SuperDrive?

N

Nightblade

I was wondering, is it possible to install a SuperDrive into a computer that doesn't come with one? Or is it possible to buy an external SuperDrive to which to hook up the computer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD
Nightblade said:
I was wondering, is it possible to install a SuperDrive into a computer that doesn't come with one? Or is it possible to buy an external SuperDrive to which to hook up the computer?

Check www.xlr8yourmac.com for compatibility of drives. Only internal drives will work with some of the iApps and OS functions, but third party authoring software like Toast will work with externals. I wouldn't try to install an internal optical drive in the iBook or powerbook. The other apples are easier though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual 2.5 ghz g5 desktop with ati 800x video card,14" iBook 1gb
my dad did it to his 15 powerbook...

OP
N

Nightblade

Thanks so much! Sorry it took so long to reply. To be honest, I completely forgot about this post until today!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.