Best iphone backup software help please

Reaction score
Hi sorry to ask for help on my first post, but i've looked into a few other sites and couldn't find the info i needed.

I need to unlock my i-phone so i can put my new sim card in. I have just paid $25 for vodafone to tell me i need to restore the iphone in order to unlock it.

The problem i face is that i originally synced my iphone with another computer which i no longer have access to. I now own a macbook pro, and for me to sync/restore with this computer means i would lose/erase all my pictures/videos which i really don't want to do.

So from my understanding, in order to get around this i need to purchase some 3rd party software which will allow me to use my iphone as an external hard drive, allowing me to switch pics/vids/music between my iphone/macbook as and when i please.

I was wondering if this is the best way to go about it, and if so, what is the best software to do so? I have looked into a few such as Xilisoft etc (a few look exactly the same in regards to interface) but just wanted to check before i shelled out $25 (Which is what seems to be the norm for this software?)

PLEASE BARE IN MIND IT IS FOR MAC TRANSFER

Thanks alot to anyone who can help me

Cheers

Will

OP
M
Reaction score
That's great!

Thanks Hugh, downloading now. Seems to be exactly what i need, and free which is a bonus!

I don't suppose there is any similar software that allows me to convert movies so they can be viewed on the iphone? Flying from Oz back to the UK next month so it would be very handy to have a load of movies on there to watch

Cheers

Will

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
11" MacBook Air / Unibody MacBook / iMac i3 21.5" / iPhone SE
HandBrake is the one you need - HandBrake - should convert to iPhone / iPod perfectly.

Cheers :)

Hugh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I don't suppose there is any similar software that allows me to convert movies so they can be viewed on the iphone?

HandBrake should meet all your needs ....
Look in
20100801-bbrfxdg2funuyqe59s9xr84swb.jpg

and having a fiddle with it you should work it out fairly easy :)

Hope it helps some

Cheers

Reaction score
Hi sorry to ask for help on my first post, but i've looked into a few other sites and couldn't find the info i needed.

I need to unlock my i-phone so i can put my new sim card in. I have just paid $25 for vodafone to tell me i need to restore the iphone in order to unlock it.

The problem i face is that i originally synced my iphone with another computer which i no longer have access to. I now own a macbook pro, and for me to sync/restore with this computer means i would lose/erase all my pictures/videos which i really don't want to do.

So from my understanding, in order to get around this i need to purchase some 3rd party software which will allow me to use my iphone as an external hard drive, allowing me to switch pics/vids/music between my iphone/macbook as and when i please.

I was wondering if this is the best way to go about it, and if so, what is the best software to do so? I have looked into a few such as Xilisoft etc (a few look exactly the same in regards to interface) but just wanted to check before i shelled out $25 (Which is what seems to be the norm for this software?)

PLEASE BARE IN MIND IT IS FOR MAC TRANSFER

Thanks alot to anyone who can help me

Cheers

Will

yeah, there are lots of 3rd party iPhone backup software which allow you to sync and transfer files from iPhone to PC and from PC to iPhone without having any problem. If you use professional software then within the minutes you will get all your iPhone data to your PC or Mac. Software are available according to your need like there is software which only allow you to transfer either contact or SMS etc. Get the cheap and affordable range of iPhone backup software from here-- iPhone 3gs,4,4s Backup Software Tools for Contacts, Music, photo, SMS backup. Different product of different companies (Professional one ) is available to download and use it to transfer iPhone files to PC/Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.