Used Black Macbook 2007 model

Reaction score
This unit has Tiger OSX installed, has 1 gig of ram and 80 gig hardrive. Would it be ok to run Snow Leopard on older machine like this if I kick it up the ram to 4 gigs or should I stick with Tiger ?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Snow Leopard should run OK on that machine, but a bit slow. Always nice to have more memory and a larger hard drive though.

Regards.

C

chas_m

Snow Leopard runs AWESOME on this machine (I have the same model). I also only have 2GB.

4GB it should run SPLENDIFFERIFIC.

OP
I
Reaction score
Thanks for info. I took a chance and paid $100.00 at yard sale for this unit not knowing much about macs. It's in great shape and works great with Tiger. I am told that Snow Leopard will allow me to do more things with a basic macbook like this. I like the portability of this little guy so hopefully I can get a couple of years out of him.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
$100????!!!! Congrats on great deal!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.