Kids got to computer, need help retrieving Iphoto !

Reaction score
I am not sure what they did but now my Iphoto is empty. Fortunately, it seems all the pictures are still in the trash. What would be the best way to retrieve the pictures back to Iphoto ? Since I had all the pictures organized by albums, etc, will this be lost or is there a way I can get this back too ? I am hoping to find a way I can replicate what I had before instead of just dragging thousands of pictures back into Iphoto. Thanks !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
If they are still in trash, just open iPhoto and drag them from the trash folder back into it.
Normally iPhoto will remember the way you had them organised.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
To safeguard your photos (and sanity) in future create separate accounts for your kids, then when they mess things up they only mess up their own stuff.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.