Recommend a second screen for macbook

Reaction score
Hi all I'm wanting a second screen for my macbook- for films and document viewing while at uni.
I was looking at a price rang of up to about £250 so thought the Dell options looked good-
Something like the 23/24 inch HD models- but I was wondering if anyone can recommend a specific model, doesn't have to be dell obviously :) just ones that I've looked at.
I want to be able to connect with HDMI as I've got the adapted cable for my macbook but wasn't sure if any screens might give better connectivity to my macbook than others?
Thanks for any help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
I would have to say anything Samsung, I can't really name a specific model since the one I currently own is discontinued, but it's running 3.5 years strong now.

OP
F
Reaction score
Thanks guys- but just to check, can I just plug it in via HDMI cable and the little adapter cable? I mean will it automatically sync the screen size etc. and will it be HD quality? I'm sure I remember a guy saying the macbooks can project HD quality onto HD ready screens...?

Reaction score
Dell is a good choice, I work with Dells everyday at as a part time IT worker and they definitely make great computers/monitors. I recently bought a Dell IN1920 18.5-inch HD Widescreen Monitor to work with my 13" MBP and it works amazing! Using your HDMI to whatever adapter will work. As for automatic setting your Mac will probably not auto set the ratio/dimensions, so connect the monitor, simply just go into system preferences, click displays, then on the window that should pop up on your new monitor choose the right dimensions.

Reaction score
dells the way to go, they are great displays and the display bases are interchangeable so you can easily change bases or mount it in the wall.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.