Running Office 2007 on a Macbook pro

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently got a Mac and I am still getting used to it but I have one important question.

Can I run office 2007 on my mac? I think I would be able to use this vm fusion thing to run windows on my mac?

So if I have this vm fusion program on my computer I should be able to then install xp/vista/windows 7 and then Microsoft Office 2007?

Also if I can do that...how are the shortcut keys then assigned due to the mac having a different keyboard? I use shortcut keys all the time in Excel 2007.

I am sorry if this has been answered somewhere or is general knowledge. I did a search and didn't seem to find anything with exactly what I was looking for.

Reaction score
1. Yes, if you have Windows xP or later installed (preferably Windows 7) using Fusion, Parallels or VirtualBox.
2. If the keys do not match or do not exist, you could reassign keys using a tool like remapkey.exe tool which can be used from the free Windows 2003 Resource Kit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
You can always run Office 2008 for Mac, or wait for 2011 which comes out in September, supposedly. Which programs in Office 2007 are you looking to be running?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mid 2010, 2.4 gHZ processor, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB hard drive.
Hello,

I recently got a Mac and I am still getting used to it but I have one important question.

Can I run office 2007 on my mac? I think I would be able to use this vm fusion thing to run windows on my mac?

So if I have this vm fusion program on my computer I should be able to then install xp/vista/windows 7 and then Microsoft Office 2007?

Also if I can do that...how are the shortcut keys then assigned due to the mac having a different keyboard? I use shortcut keys all the time in Excel 2007.

I am sorry if this has been answered somewhere or is general knowledge. I did a search and didn't seem to find anything with exactly what I was looking for.

I'd just use Open Office, and most of the shortcuts are the same, just with command rather than control.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.