• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Movie Suggestions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz, Ibook G4 1.33ghz, Powerbook Lombard 333mhz
I want to rent a few movies that are based around computers such as the movie Hackers, The Net etc. Any movies out there that you enjoyed that were similar?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I was going to say the net, don't know of many movies that revolve around computers, but if you get bored and you have a girl friend, I just watched the notebook with my gf, and it was the first chick flick i liked in a while, lol

Reaction score
Pirates of Silicon Valley, except I don't think they have it on DVD.

Real Genius, Not based around computers but kind of nerdy...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" PowerBook 1.5ghz
Sneakers with Robert Redford and Ben Kingsley.

K

Kokopelli

The problem is most of them are bad. Hackers is a guilty pleasure. So are pretty much the rest of the list below:

1) Sneakers - good flick. Hella cast, great story line.
2) Johnny Mnemonic - Good short story, shame about the movie though.
3) Viruosity - I actually like this film. Something is deeply wrong with me I think.
4) Assassins "Orient your disk for data"? What the heck does that mean? Female lead is hot though.
5) Antitrust - Claire Forlani is hot so I will forgive a lot here. (See a pattern?)
6) Ghost in the Shell very cool, interesting soundtrack. animated though so not to everyones taste.
7) Until the End of the World - just because you asked for similar movies that I enjoy, not necessarily that you would enjoy. (It is 4 1/2 hours long by the way, so a good way to burn 2 or 3 afternoons)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
swordfish
enemy of the state is pretty hitech

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.