This is nuts

H

hank1

I was using Firefox, no problem.

Now I cannot get on the internet no matter what.

It says
Code:
www.google.com could not be found.  Please check the name and try again.

Everything was fine. This is nuts. Now I can't get anything other than a bouncing Firefox where once it just simply worked.

Hmm...

Wonder what went wrong?

:dummy:

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Have you tried using Safari? Does it do the same thing?

OP
H

hank1

dtravis7 said:
Have you tried using Safari? Does it do the same thing?

It says:
Code:
Safari can't find the server. Safari can't open the phae "http://www.google .com/"because it cat's find the server "www.google.com".

Reaction score
hank1 said:
It says:
Code:
Safari can't find the server. Safari can't open the phae "http://www.google .com/"because it cat's find the server "www.google.com".

Check your connection either wireless or cable in system preferences

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
okay i need to know..if you cant get on the internet what are you posting from!??! :)

make sure your internet connection is up and running
-chris

OP
H

hank1

I can't get online at all. It says the same thing I've quoted before..."could not be found..."

But I'm online. I can see my websites, etc.

OP
I

iMe

This problem happens to me all the time. At first, when the messege would come up, I thought that it was my cable modem. We got our modem replaced twice already, and it sometimes still happens. Also, sometimes when I'm online, another messege would appear saying, "Your timed-out" or something like that. I still havent found the problem, but I just restart the computer, and it seems to work fine.

OP
J

joeytomatoes

Dudes, You are receiving the default IP address as set on your modem or computer. Your current IP address expires after so many days or hours [ unless you paid for a static address] when it can't get to your new IP address it goes to the default one as a holding place.

Unplug your modem from the wall, wait 15 seconds, replug and your new IP should be set.

OP
H

hank1

joeytomatoes said:
Dudes, You are receiving the default IP address as set on your modem or computer. Your current IP address expires after so many days or hours [ unless you paid for a static address] when it can't get to your new IP address it goes to the default one as a holding place.

Unplug your modem from the wall, wait 15 seconds, replug and your new IP should be set.

That did it, thanks.

More to it than that. I don't have a password, so when it asked for the pass, I just canceled, and all is well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.