New imac won't sync my iphone

Reaction score
Hello

Just joined the forum after getting my first ever Mac yesterday:D

I have always used Windows in the past, so I am slowing finding my way round the Mac.

I have a question (the first of many I expect!).

I have a 21 inch imac and have transferred my itunes library from back up disks. This went well. Have synced my ipod & ipad without problem, but my iphone 3GS running OS4 will not sync:Confused: I updated it this morning using the itunes on my windows PC and it installed an update. When I plug it into the new Mac it launches itunes but will not sync. If I select sync it tries and then gives up. If I connect it to the windows PC, it does a full back up & sync.

I have Microsoft Office on the windows PC, but don't have it installed for Mac yet, so am using the built in mail and calender. I expected the phone to sync with the new e mail account, but nothing. What am I doing wrong?

OP
Y
Reaction score
New imac won't sync my iphone - Resolved

I have been fiddling around and after rebooting the iphone & imac & re-ticking the various checkboxes in the info tab on itunes, I have managed to get the phone to sync, so all is well:D.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.