Need your help with phone decision

Reaction score
I am in desperate need of a new phone. My Palm Pre Plus has a cracked screen and no insurance replacement available. I am on Verizon and my only options are 1) Buy a phone at full retail price 2) Switch to another company and pay the 350 termination fee and the subsidized price of a new phone.

I am a Mac user and I would love to have an Iphone 4, because in my mind it would sync best with everything, but they just aren't to be had. Also, the monthly cost to own one is higher.

My other option is an Android phone and stay with Verizon, it would cost me 580$ but that is basically what switching to the Iphone would cost. I know you can get it to sync with Mac but it takes a few extra programs. I do use Gmail but was thinking of getting a mobileme account.

Sadly, I am very indecisive and my phone has been broken for around 2 weeks now.

Any suggestions?

Reaction score
If you are already a Verizon user why would it cost $580 to get a Droid? I used to be with them and I know it wouldn't have cost nearly that for me to upgrade and it hasn't cost me even close to that to switch to iPhone 4 even including the accessories I've purchased.

With that said no matter which phone you get you'll be waiting. I know someone who got an Incredible and broke it and needs to get another one but has to wait at least 2 weeks because they don't have enough. And another friend of mine purchased an X and is still waiting 2 weeks later. Imagine if the Droid makers had gotten hit like Apple with 1.7 million buyers.

Anyways, get the phone you really want. I got the iPhone for the same reason, Mac user and I couldn't be happier.

Reaction score
I am in desperate need of a new phone. My Palm Pre Plus has a cracked screen and no insurance replacement available. I am on Verizon and my only options are 1) Buy a phone at full retail price 2) Switch to another company and pay the 350 termination fee and the subsidized price of a new phone.

I am a Mac user and I would love to have an Iphone 4, because in my mind it would sync best with everything, but they just aren't to be had. Also, the monthly cost to own one is higher.

My other option is an Android phone and stay with Verizon, it would cost me 580$ but that is basically what switching to the Iphone would cost. I know you can get it to sync with Mac but it takes a few extra programs. I do use Gmail but was thinking of getting a mobileme account.

Sadly, I am very indecisive and my phone has been broken for around 2 weeks now.

Any suggestions?

I will say that you will pay more to have the iPhone and with the problems everyone is complaining about you can decide if you want one of these phones or not. For me it did not matter because I wanted to have a new replacement over my very problematic iPhone 3GS. All I can say is that my new iPhone4 is AWESOME:D:D:D!

The video quality and camera capabilities alone makes it worth the upgrade in my opinion. As for the antenna issues, I got a case for my iPhone which I do for all my phones so this was a non-issue for me. With the case, I do not have any issues with reception other than AT&T's famous service.

Seeing how I am an avid Mac user (I have 8 Macs in my house!) getting the iPhone seems like the right choice for me. I use this phone for everything. Calendar, notes, iTunes, pretty much everything! I ordered my 32GB iPhone4 from the Apple web site for $299 before tax....you should check it out! Anyway good luck on your choice but I can only speak for myself and I think that the iPhone4 is an awesome phone!

-Charlie

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.