WFT Wireless Canon to Macbook Pro...

Reaction score
Long story short: I'm super excited that I got my Canon 5D Mark II to send files wireless with the WFT-E4II to my Macbook Pro. In order to do so I have to "create network" on the computer and see that network with the camera, and send files that way.

2 very picky issues, if anyone has advice:

When I've created this network, I have no wireless internet. Wondering if I used a ExpressCard (is that what that slot is called?) or USB Wireless-N receiver to create a network instead, would I be able to still use my airport for internet? I've been unsuccessful pairing the camera to my existing Airport Express(es) network.

Unlike tethering with a cable to Aperture, where the files nicely line up and the most recent one is selected, no software I can find will auto select the last imported image. Small issue, but does anyone have experience with this?

Reaction score
I've run desktop computers with 2 Ethernet networks running with no real problems but not tried 2 wireless ones. I've looked at the WFT for my 1Ds but not got round to actually buying one. I've found this on the Canon US website which might help.

Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E1A

Have you tried the Canon Zoombrowser software to import into. This may line up the images as you want.

Hope this helps

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.