PDA

View Full Version : Consider "ebooks" forum in Digital Lifestyle

1611mac
07-10-2010, 02:46 PM
Please consider adding an "ebooks" forum to the Digital Lifestyle section. This forum would be to discuss readers, e-book technology, formats, conversion, etc.

schweb
07-10-2010, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the suggestion.

As it stands, we don't have anywhere near enough discussion to justify a separate forum on that topic, but if it gets to a point where this changes, we'll be more than happy to consider adding it!

pigoo3
07-10-2010, 03:49 PM

As it stands, we don't have anywhere near enough discussion to justify a separate forum on that topic, but if it gets to a point where this changes, we'll be more than happy to consider adding it!

FWIW...my thoughts exactly!

- Nick

1991-C4
07-26-2010, 06:42 AM
I know that vBulletin is capable of using sub-forums because I am a member of other forums that use this feature. Maybe, instead of a totally separate forum in the Digital Lifestyle section, it would be more appropriate to create an eReader sub-forum in the iOS and Apps section of the iPhone, iPad, iPod forum.

schweb
07-26-2010, 06:58 AM
I know that vBulletin is capable of using sub-forums because I am a member of other forums that use this feature. Maybe, instead of a totally separate forum in the Digital Lifestyle section, it would be more appropriate to create an eReader sub-forum in the iOS and Apps section of the iPhone, iPad, iPod forum.

We've tried subforums for various things here before but they've never worked out well.

But, if ebooks ever gets enough discussion to warrant its own forum, that is an option we can consider.

1991-C4
07-26-2010, 08:03 AM
Fair enough! As an "eReader" this is where the iPad really shines. As a matter of fact, that is the entire reason I "graduated" from an iPod Touch to an iPad to relieve some of the strain on these tired old eyes.

schweb
07-26-2010, 01:43 PM
I will say that it probably wouldn't be in the iOS and Apps section since e-readers can be not only on the iPod, iPad, and iPhone, but also on the Mac and PC as well as stand alone devices.

Would probably make the most sense under Digital Lifestyle.

There are some other organizational changes to the forums coming soon so we'll see where it would fit best if we end up needing it.