Creating Managed Network on Airport

Reaction score
I am looking to broadcast an ad-hoc network from my air port on my Mac Book Pro which i know how to do and i have set security and all that good stuff on it. However i am looking to see if there is a way to set this to be a hidden SSID which from several Google searches haven't turned up anything other than it may not be possible which if thats the case is there a way to manage the broad cast signal strength from say broadcasting at 100% strength to so 25% or less to keep it local to only one room. I have not been able to find any options on this from every where Ive looked in the settings all across the device.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I am looking to broadcast an ad-hoc network from my air port on my Mac Book Pro which i know how to do and i have set security and all that good stuff on it. However i am looking to see if there is a way to set this to be a hidden SSID which from several Google searches haven't turned up anything other than it may not be possible which if thats the case is there a way to manage the broad cast signal strength from say broadcasting at 100% strength to so 25% or less to keep it local to only one room. I have not been able to find any options on this from every where Ive looked in the settings all across the device.

I'm not so sure this is an option. WiFi sharing on the Mac is really meant as a convenience feature, it's not going to have all the features a real router would have.

Reaction score
.. plus, you can use only WEP and not WPA. Web is considered as not secure for wifi.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.