• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

music review

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
OK... my band's name is Eidalon and we're based out of Austin, Texas, and we have an account on MySpace.com and I'd like some honest reviews of the music from anyone who'd like to take the time to listen. Any and all comments are appreciated. Enjoy.
http://myspace.com/eidalon
Also: don't hesitate to leave a comment on the page if you have an account already. If you don't - it's free ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
math rock WOO!!!!!

i like it a lot, i notice your last song 'of a warm white light t...' the most representative of your influences :)

T

Tel

I think its really quite good, the only thing I dont really like is the drumming, it seems a little random at times and doesn't fit as well with the music IMO. But on the whole I do like it quite a bit, I like a lot of your influences too, which probably helps. Vocals are good as is the guitar, I cant really hear the bass because I'm using my iBook speakers though. Nice sound :)

OP
deus_ex_machina
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
thanks for comments guys - i really appreciate it. It's nice to hear honest reviews in order to help hone the music. thanks again. :)

T

Tel

And loved ones waiting is a really good track. I just came back to give it a second listen, definatly my favorite track from the site. I really like that sound, let us know if you update the site too.

Oh, and just out of curiosity, whats your role in the band? :)

OP
deus_ex_machina
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
guitarist - we go back and forth as far as rhythm/lead but I usually end up doing lead ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
its prety good

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
really good man , you just got an add .. i really like it allot

OP
deus_ex_machina
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks everyone :) the album should be mastered within a week and a new flash site is 95% complete (kinks in actionscript.) I'll keep everyone posted on any updates. Thanks again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.