PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate Avatars

RavingMac
07-02-2010, 10:29 PM
Is there a protocol regarding use of identical Avatars? And is there a way to search to see if someone is already using a particular Avatar?

I dropped into a thread today and saw a posting that surprised me because I didn't remember making it but there was the Avatar I had gotten used to using. Then I looked again and saw it was a new member who had selected the same Avatar I have begun to think of as mine.

I confess that I was at first annoyed, but then realized that I very well may have done the same thing when I made my Avatar pick.

Bottomline: Is there an easy way to make sure I pick an unused Avatar if I decide to change? How about taking the ready made ones out of circulation while they are in active use by a current member?

I know I could avoid this by making my own, but a) I'm not terribly visually creative and b) I'm somewhat lazy. :Smirk:

schweb
07-02-2010, 10:32 PM
No, there's no way to prevent it. It generally doesn't tend to be a problem. If it becomes a large issue in the future, we may look at alternatives, but at this point it just doesn't cause enough of a problem to put resources on it.

RavingMac
07-02-2010, 10:39 PM
Thanks, I'll probably work on a custom model . . . though I confess I had grown rather fond of the bug eyed paperclip. :D

Problem solved . . . old photo from a long gone science fair project.

MYmacROX
07-03-2010, 02:44 AM
Thanks, I'll probably work on a custom model . . . though I confess I had grown rather fond of the bug eyed paperclip. :D

Why would anyone ever use that horrible perversion of animation for anything... ever?! :Angry:

bobtomay
07-03-2010, 04:22 AM
roflol

RavingMac
07-03-2010, 12:00 PM
Why would anyone ever use that horrible perversion of animation for anything... ever?! :Angry:

Don't really know but in some odd way it appealed to me.

BTW: The picture is of a fully functional golfball throwing trebuchet my daughter and I put together many years ago.
She ended up winning the local competition and we developed a healthy respect for medieval enginers.

BadApple
07-05-2010, 07:52 AM
I loved your avatar, bring it back.

RavingMac
07-06-2010, 12:30 AM
I loved your avatar, bring it back.

I know some people hated it, but surely that's not enough to ban someone for?