PDA

View Full Version : Mac Screencast/Screen Capture

Xaera
07-01-2010, 07:07 AM
Hey,

I am planning to make my own video game reviews, in order to do so I need to implement footage of the game being played on my mac. A screencast so to speak.

I just wanted to know what is the best Screencast/Screen Capture software out there for the Mac? So far it seems like Snapz Pro X is the best but I want to make sure there isn't a cheaper or free version as good before I dish out 50 quid.

I have tried things like Jing but the video comes out too laggy, I need a smooth, good quality screen capture.

Any knowledge in the matter is highly appreciated

iZach
07-01-2010, 04:03 PM
Check out screenflow:Screencasting Software - ScreenFlow Overview - Telestream (http://www.telestream.net/screen-flow/overview.htm)

Keep in mind that recording and gaming on your mac will put a lot of load on it, so even with the best capture software you might not get completely glitch-free recording. What kind of mac do you have?

McYukon
07-01-2010, 04:43 PM
Don't know if it would suite your needs but Quicktime X has the ability to do screen recordings.

chas_m
07-01-2010, 10:45 PM
Quicktime X does do screen captures (for free of course), but its full-screen ONLY.

I second the suggestion of ScreenFlow. IShowU HD is good too, but Screenflow is the best IMHO.

Xaera
07-02-2010, 09:57 AM
Ah ok thanks, I downloaded Screenflow and tried it out and yeah its cool, there are no glitches or stutters in the video.

I guess i'll have to save up to buy it now!

Oh btw I have a Imac 24" one of the newer models.

Thanks for your comments :D