Wireless printer:

Reaction score
Hi,
I am having trouble hooking up my new Cannon PIXMA MP560 wirelessly to my iMac 21.5. I installed the software, and when it goes to detect a printer, none are found. I went into system preferences->print/fax, and it will find it in there, but it is only picking it up as a scanner. I can control the scanner from there, but I can not print anything. The printer is on and connected to my network. Any thoughts or advice.

Thanks,
Ounces:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
I have a Pixma MP860 and when I tried installing from disc - the disc didn't like my version of Mac. I had to go grab the installs from the website.

I would try to grab the regular printer driver first and installing that - or try the cups printer driver if that doesn't work
Canon PIXMA MP560 Wireless Photo All In One Printer

Once the driver is installed you can try adding the printer then - I would try adding it with the ipaddress.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
I have an MP560 and I did not install anything from the vendor ... I updated the latest printer drivers for Snow Leopard from the Apple site and used the standard driver from Apple. Works like a dream, except wireless scanning, but for me that is a 'nice to have ' not a requirement.

Cheers ... McBie

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I would do as Ivan advised. I had the same problem with my Canon MP 620 until I downloaded updated drivers from their web site. Everything works fine now including the scanning function.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.